Saturday, November 29, 2008

Salutations to the spirit of the Forces

Staying cocooned in the comfort of a lab and schooling atmosphere, thousands of miles apart from my homeland, I did feel the rush of Kargil fever bursting again in my head, when I saw the visuals of Mumbai mayhem captured on live TV.

I am proud of my many batch mates ( Armed Forces Medical College) who have selflessly joined the forces and continue to serve under difficult, and sometimes, almost inhospitable conditions. I salute the spirit that burns brightly within each of them, and feel that my success here is miniscule compared to the sacrifice and service that each one of them is doing to the country.

Let us apply these same principles of selfless dedication and service and believe that an equitable society wherein access to health care is given to each child and adult in India, through our public health education efforts ( very much acheivable...though the odds are stacked against it).
With Best Regards
Raghupathy Anchala

No comments: